NLP, public speaking and rhetoric
This is video again summarises some of the techniques of the ancient art of influence, rhetoric. He improvises a speech based on a audience suggestion.
I help you get over the fears, help you grow your confidence.
The six of many rhetorical techniques -
- use real emotions particularly the quiver of fear in your voice, the power of 3's,
- 3 sentences repeating the opening of clause
- 3 balancing statements that give the feeling security
- metaphor - every 16 words we use a metaphor, central to all communication esp. political, shapes your whole point view
- exaggeration, feeds from and on metaphor
- rhyming and alliteration - Your point is more believable if you rhyme